In a harmonious collaboration aimed at revolutionising policy-making and enhancing the protection of bees and pollinators, Broodminder, a leading provider of beekeeping monitoring solutions, is thrilled to announce its partnership with the EU Pollinator Hub by mediation of BeeLife European Beekeeping Coordination (www.bee-life.eu). This alliance couldn’t come at a more critical time, as it aligns with BeeLife’s leading role in developing the EU Pollinator Hub, a groundbreaking online platform supported by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
Leading the Way in Data Collection and Digital Monitoring
Broodminder, known for its state-of-the-art monitoring technology, is now a main collaborator within the EU Pollinator Hub, setting an example for experts in data collection and digital monitoring to join forces. This partnership is a significant milestone in the ongoing effort to address the global concern of declining bee and pollinator populations.
A Joint Mission for Bee and Pollinator Protection
The partnership between Broodminder and BeeLife signifies a commitment to comprehensive bee and pollinator protection. Together, they aim to achieve several key objectives:
- Collect Comprehensive Data: Broodminder’s advanced monitoring devices are deployed across various beekeeping operations, providing real-time data on hive conditions, temperature, humidity, and more. This wealth of information offers insights into the challenges faced by bees and beekeepers.
- Inform Evidence-Based Policies: Utilising the gathered data, BeeLife will strengthen its advocacy for evidence-based policies to protect pollinators. Policymakers will benefit from accurate and up-to-date information, enabling them to make informed decisions.
- Empower Beekeepers: Broodminder’s technology not only assists beekeepers in monitoring hive health but also fosters collaboration by sharing anonymized data. This sharing initiative allows beekeepers to learn from each other’s experiences and best practices.
- Raise Awareness: The partnership enables both organisations to jointly raise awareness about the critical role of bees and pollinators in agriculture, biodiversity, and ecosystem health. Public outreach campaigns will inspire action and support for pollinator protection.
- Data Sharing respecting GDPR framework: Broodminder and BeeLife are championing data sharing, respecting the GDPR framework. Every beekeeper will have the choice to share their data, with a user-friendly checkbox available for those willing to contribute to this vital cause.
Voices of Excitement and Commitment
Lorenzo PONS from Broodminder Europe expressed, “We are excited about this collaboration with BeeLife European Association. By combining our technological capabilities with BeeLife’s advocacy and policy expertise, we hope to drive positive change in the way bee and pollinator protection is approached across Europe.”
Noa SIMON, scientific director of BeeLife European Association, emphasised, “This partnership with Broodminder represents a significant step forward in our mission to ensure their survival, and we look forward to the positive impact we can achieve together. BroodMinder is setting an example for other private actors to join a larger movement in the EU Pollinator Hub.”
Join the Movement for Pollinator Protection
This partnership exemplifies a proactive approach to addressing the critical issue of pollinator decline. By sharing data and working collaboratively, Broodminder and BeeLife aim to drive tangible improvements in bee and pollinator protection, ultimately benefiting the environment and society as a whole.For more information about Broodminder and BeeLife, please visit www.broodminder.com and www.bee-life.eu.